Wednesday, February 1, 2012

100th Day!

Today, we celebrated our 100th day of school. We had so much fun reading various 100's day books, and doing a bunch of fun activities together. Such a great break from the daily routine for all of us!


We started our day by seeing how many times we could clap, hop and say the alphabet in 100 seconds. I used this sheet and there are more activities you can try as well! Then we made some fun glasses to wear for the day. We figured since you couldn't look very dignified in these silly goggles, we'd just go all out silly for our photo!


Next we baked some cookies in the shape of a 100 and the kids begged me every 3 seconds couldn't wait to decorate and eat them! They aren't as tidy as the ones on pinterest, but hey, I let the kids make them so it was more fun.


While they cooled, we worked on our 100's chart puzzles, 100's day book, writing activity with the prompt: If I could have 100 _______, I would_______, and my kindergartener who is practicing counting by two's, practiced that all the way to 100 using the sheet in Lidia Barbosa's free packet! We even introduced our little guy to ideas like: a century is 100 years and there are 100 cents in a dollar!



After a busy day of fun, we frosted, sprinkled and devoured our yummy cookies! Such fun!




For more great ideas, check out the Teaching Blog Addict website for a great linky party full of great suggestions and freebies. Hope you all have a great 100th day and every day with your kids as well!




2 comments :

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! Those cookies look HUGE...(AKA perfect size for a 100 day party).

    Blessings,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!!! I hope I can pull off as fun of a day for my gang! Our 100th day falls Valentine's week! AAAHHH!

    ReplyDelete