Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Learning the Vowels

So, Mr. Personality and I were learning our vowels today. I found a great free printable from The Teacher Wife Blog that helped us learn what the vowels are and how they work.



She listed a little song, but we made up our own to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"

The vowels are A E I O U
In our words, they are the glue
The other letters are consonants
But they need vowels so they make sense!
The vowels are A E I O U
In our words, they are the glue

I used letter cards without vowels to try to read words. We had fun giggling over the crazy sounding "words" without vowels. Then we added our glue-bottle-vowels and made words that sounded just right. We also listened to Dr. Jean's Vowel Cheer song to remember the short and long vowels sounds. Tomorrow we're bringing the girls in to help us cheer!  You can also check out this video on vowels



No comments :

Post a Comment